10 Tips to Stop Smoking
November 5th, 2019
Most people are readily aware that stopping smoking can improve their health, but learning how to really conquer the urges to smoke is not easy.
- You need a good reason to quit. Simply deciding to quit because the sky is blue is not a sufficient reason.
- Look for small rewards that you can give yourself as you make progress.
- Plan out your quitting strategy. Decide how you want to try to quit and stick to it. Set a specific amount of time for your plan.
- Work to overcome your struggles. If you are smoking due to stressful things in your life, you need to deal with the stress before you can successfully quit.
- Set up a punishment for yourself. For example: if you buy a coffee every day, consider skipping it if you aren’t meeting your goals.
- Seek out help from your friends and family.
- Look for someone to quit with you.
- Ensure you are getting plenty of sleep.
- Aim to quit for good.
- Look for ways to take your mind off cigarettes. If you are always thinking about cigarettes, you may find that you are much more tempted to smoke.